POULIN FINANCIAL SERVICES
Our client, Poulin Financial Services in Portland, Maine, is seeking a self-motivated, independent-thinking, and detail-oriented Tax Accountant. The successful candidate will serve as a trusted advisor to clients with the goal of maximizing engagement and achieving positive outcomes.
As a Tax Accountant you will:
- Deliver a full range of tax and accounting services in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Build relationships with clients and provide excellent planning, consulting, and guidance.
- Recommend tax and financial strategies that align with clients’ goals.
- Identify and mitigate tax risks.
- Ensure the confidentiality of each client by following all company procedures regarding information handling.
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes.
- Grow the business by promoting the firm’s services and expanding the client base.
- CPA/EA and/or Master’s degree in Taxation required
- At least 4 years of experience in preparing individual and/or business tax returns
- QuickBooks experience is required – Lacerte tax software and Thomson-Reuters tax research experience strongly preferred
- Dedication to superior client service
- Proven track record of working independently with clients
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness
- Ability to thrive in a busy, team-oriented environment
If you’re interested, please submit a cover letter and résumé.
Poulin Financial Services is a strong, stable financial services firm offering accounting, tax preparation, QuickBooks counseling, and business consulting services to individuals, small-to-midsize businesses, trust, and non-profits. Helping clients with planning and providing experienced advice are a priority for the entire team.