Human Resources Manager
Our client, DMM, a document solutions company in Scarborough, Maine, is in search of a self-directed, hands-on, and experienced Human Resources Manager to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes. The job of HR manager is important to business success and DMM will be looking to the person in this role to ensure they have a happy and productive workplace in which everyone works to realize the established mission and objectives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in working closely with all levels of employees, including senior management.
As Human Resources Manager you will:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiative aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Manage and participate in the recruitment and selection process.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the organization.
- Nurture a positive and safe working environment.
- Oversee and manage a performance management system that drives high performance.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues.
- Maintain a competitive pay plan and benefits program.
- Assess training needs and develop and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Proven experience as an HR manager
- Self-motivated and self-directed but also able to work collaboratively with the senior management team
- Strong desire to help others and create a positive and supportive environment
- Capacity and ambition to lead HR strategy
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- In-dept knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
If you’re interested, please submit a cover letter and résumé.