POULIN FINANCIAL SERVICES
Our client, Poulin Financial Services in Portland, Maine, is seeking a self-motivated, independent-thinking, and detail-oriented Tax Manager for a growth opportunity. The successful candidate will serve as a trusted advisor to clients with the goal of maximizing engagement and achieving positive outcomes.
As Tax Manager you will:
- Deliver a full range of tax and accounting services in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Build relationships with clients and provide excellent planning, consulting, and guidance.
- Recommend tax and financial strategies that align with clients’ goals.
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex tax returns.
- Identify and mitigate tax risks.
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
- Ensure the confidentiality of each client by following all company procedures regarding information handling.
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes.
- Be a resource to all staff for accounting, tax, and administrative matters.
- Grow the business by promoting the firm’s services and expanding the client base.
- CPA/EA and/or Master’s degree in Taxation required
- At least 10 years of experience in preparing individual and/or business tax returns – trust and non-profit experience is a plus
- Strong QuickBooks experience is required – Lacerte tax software and Thomson-Reuters tax research experience strongly preferred
- Dedication to superior client service
- Proven track record of working independently with clients
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness
Interested? Please submit your cover letter and résumé.